Short term learning plan, 2021-01-01 edition
I didn't finish Statistical Rethinking 2ed yet, but that didn't dissuade me from planning the few books I'll be reading next.
I'm trying to mix fundamentals, application and some business/management. Of course, many books will belong to more than one category, but my idea for classification is something like "I need this to understand other things", "things that I can use to build things" and "how to execute on the things I'm building".
In random order:
- Statistical Rethinking 2ed by Richard McElreath (WIP) [Application]
- Measure What Matters by John Doerr (WIP) [Business]
- This is Marketing by Seth Godin [Business]
- Causal Inference, a Primer by Judea Pearl [Application]
- Introduction to Linear Algebra 5ed by Gilbert Strang [Fundamentals]
- Calculus, by Michael Spivak [Fundamentals]
- Seven Sketches in Compositionality [Fundamentals]
I expect to finish them all, ankifying throughout, this year. I just won't call it a New Year Resolution to avoid jinxing it, since I sincerely hope to accomplish this.
Wish me luck, and Happy New Year!
Post a Comment